Exploring Your Business as an Entity
Now it is time for you to start putting this theory into practice. The exercise for this section of the course draws on the power of metaphor, enlisting our imagination to help us embody intangible concepts in a powerfully memorable form. Give yourself permission to release judgment and be playful as you envisage what the embodied support of your business might look like!
Have Some Fun
- Let’s get imaginative…
- What kind of animal is your business right now?
- What kind of animal do you want your business to be in 10 years?
- Go deep with this and really feel into it. What are your reasons for choosing that animal? What qualities does it portray? What are its strengths? What are its weaknesses?
- What is the intuitive message that this animal has for you - is it telling you something about the soul of your business.
Embody Your Experience
- Get out your coloured pens and paper and draw the embodied spirit of your business. Don’t worry if it is not perfect, no-one is going to see it except you. Let yourself get creative and see what comes up when you let it flow onto the paper.
- If drawing isn’t your thing, try writing in your journal, mind mapping, or process mapping. Explore what is important to you and what gives your business its unique identity.
- If you prefer movement, maybe you could walk or dance it out. What does it feel like to be your business? How does your business navigate its challenges? Is it limping, or racing, or flowing along?